Saturday, March 18, 2006

talking to mr police officer

< - - 160306 (Thursday) - - >
this faithful date/day

took a long slow drive to Raffles Place area to pick my sis after work before attending our 3rd Malay class.
as usual.. being 7+pm, traffic was super heavy, lots of horning and impatient ass holes and disgraceful female drivers.

*sigh*

so i exited ECP, prince edward rd towards robinson rd.
i finally arrived. stopped my car, turned on my hazard lights and switched off my engine.
all the rushing driving pple were on the other 4 lanes on my left.
so i jus minded my own business, whilst still keeping a lookout on the happenings on the rd jus to make sure i'm not blocking pple or pedestrians

JUST THEN! *drum rollssss*

i saw a police officer walk towards my car. i thot to myself "dats it lyd, ure dead!"
i started panicking. but i kept cool.
"okay, dun over react." i repeated in my head.
abt 4meters away, he took out his pen and notebook out whilst looking at my car several times and writing furiously away. (every one walking ard jus kept looking at me. damn idoits. kaypo sporeans. shit heads.)
"oh shit. oh shit." kept ringing in my head.
wads gonna happen to me??
he walked ard the front of my car, still writing and looking.
after abt 2mins, he came to the side of my window and asked, "are you the driver?" i said "yes."
then he asked, "are you the owner of the car?"
i said "no. my dad is."
he said "okay. can i have ur IC?"
so i jus took my IC out and passed it to him.
whilst copying my details down, he asked "what are you doing here?" and i replied "waiting for my sis, she's working here (pointing to the building on my right), picking her up frm work."
then he asked immediately "do you know u are not supposed to park here? here is a double yellow zig-zag line!"
i answered "i thot she'll be down already. but apparently not, so i'm jus waiting a while."
he replied "do you also know you are not supposed to wait here?"
i answered, while looking sorry "yes sir i do know that. i'm sorry."
"okay, ms chong do you know what's the penalty for this?" mr police officer asked.
"ermm not really sir." i answered.
"S$130 fine and 3 demerit points!" he said.

"oh my god. shit." (totally freakin out alr) i replied.
still copying my details, i asked, "so will the letter be sent to my name or my dad's?"
he paused for a while, showed me his note book and said, "nvm, it's ok, i'll let u off this time. i jus copy in my notebook only. now u better make another round and come back for your sis."

GOD BLESS THIS MAN!!!!
thank gdness!!!! i was so thankful but still totally freaked out.
so i quickly drove off, made another round along shenton way before turning to robinsons rd again.
thankfully after making 1 round, my sis was down.
piang eh. wad a scary experience man.

off to malay class after that.
when we arrived, there was only 3 of us.
my cikgu only arrived at 8.10pm.
after settling down, my cikgu said "lydia, i've been observing u ah, u can understand malay quite well ya."

that sure brought a smile on my face.
haa!
perhaps i do have that little bit of flare for languages la huh.
can watch jap and indonesian dramas, in their own native language but still understand wads going on.

so cikgu encouraged me to work on it.
when the rest arrived and class started, cikgu kept asking me to interpret or at least try to guess wad she said. haha.
not bad i say! i can roughly get it. :)
thank god for his wisdom!
i'm glad my dad made us learn this. we may not come out of it super strong, but at least it will definately help us understand the language and culture alot better.

my 3rd lesson we were taught abt the muslim community.
we also learned abt hari or days in malay.
we also practiced wad we learnt frm previous 2 lessons by reading and sentence structuring.
came up with new words we heard or saw over the past week.

fun la. i'm glad i took this up. :)
selamat sabtu everyone! haha.

No comments: